The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Expected price for getting my Supe serviced

Polemarch

Hi all. I need to get a decent service done on my Supra and want to get an idea of what price is reasonable. Also, if there are any suggestions for a good place to get it done. I live in Bristol and work in Newport so a place either side of the border is fine.

I need a full service that will replace all fluids, filters, plugs etc and also want my timing belt done as I'm on 74k miles and am not 100% when it was last done (I've owned the car 7 months). I'd also like a thorough inspection to get an idea on anything that may need doing later.

So far I've been quoted £599 for the above. What do you all say? ;-)

just to say,had a few jobs done at mkiv store with jody,actually my cars there know, after the backend decided to flip me out into a wall, got away with it very lucky ! seems only a new set of alloy's and a suspension set up, but they are trading out of interpro in thornbury, bristol. if u need no. i'll try and find it for you.

I drove Ross' car not long after it had been serviced by Jody T at Mkiv Store and it ran like a dream and ross did recomend them also saying what a fantastic job he done. He is no longer there but give him a pm.

Cheers mate. Sold now though.[sAD][/sAD]

Will get another though without a doubt!!!!!!!!

I think that the bulk of the problems with mkiv store seem to have been with martin. (Don't know a lot about it all so can't comment).

But if you deal with Jody T then the guy is more than willing to help out and does do a good job.

Give him a chance guys.

Cheers mate. Sold now though.[sAD][/sAD]

Will get another though without a doubt!!!!!!!!

I think that the bulk of the problems with mkiv store seem to have been with martin. (Don't know a lot about it all so can't comment).

But if you deal with Jody T then the guy is more than willing to help out and does do a good job.

Give him a chance guys.

Glad you sold it mate. Get what you was after? Someone got a good solid motor there. A member?

Toyota main dealer wont even charge that much! £300 odd for a major service and maybe around £150 for the belt change.

so that's £450 for the lot?

and i'd rather take mine to someone who's actually seen a Supra before (i.e. not a toyota dealer :D)

Ok, been through my receipts.

A service costs have ranged from £180-210

My 63000 mile service (major one) cost £210 and cambelt change + spark plugs was ~£300 3 months later.

* Obviously these arnt todays prices, but over the last couple of years.

The dealer I goto is actually mentioned in the original Supra dealer handbook and they have seen them.. so no problems there ;)

Ok, been through my receipts.

A service costs have ranged from £180-210

My 63000 mile service (major one) cost £210 and cambelt change + spark plugs was ~£300 3 months later.

* Obviously these arnt todays prices, but over the last couple of years.

The dealer I goto is actually mentioned in the original Supra dealer handbook and they have seen them.. so no problems there ;)

hmmm very odd.

you think they'd use the same price guide...may be not.

well the guy who quoted me was rubbing his chin a lot so probably plucked them out of the air..