The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Oh No, car doesn't start.

SupraAyf

Hi Guys,

I started my Facelift (non VVTI) Supe this morning and drove it our of the garage - started crisp and fresh as usual!

I then disconnected the ECU and fitted a field Harness and a Greddy BCC. The BCC is a SW20 type (MR2 Turbo 90-96) but reading on the US forum, the guys say this is OK as long as the voltage is correctly adjusted (mine is at 4.1V as per a facelift).

Well I finished the job, reconnected the power and ECU and started her up, only to find that it sounded like a bag of spanners and the engine was rattling quite heavily in its mounts. I depressed the accelerator approx 200rpm more than the erratic idle level and at that point it just cut out.

I have disconnected the power and ecu and have removed the fields harness so it is now back to as it was when it drove out of my garage (no BCC either).

I reconnected the power and now it doesn't start. The starter motor turns over but the engine just won't pick up.

also, when you try and start it, the turbo pressure gauge (the one in the standard 3 gauge-cluster in the facelift dash) goes straight to the top where it remains until you turn the ignition power off - the needle then falls back to the bottom of the gauge. The needle on this gauge would normally go all the way to the top when you are hammering it and the turbos are on full

Haven't got a clue but it is all disconnected at the moment.

Hope some one can help,

Cheers all

Andrew

Shit mate, no help as you know but best of luck Andy! :(

I don't suppose there's the possibility of the engine being flooded is there?

Don't think so but i'm hoping the ECU will reset things.

I need one of the experts to point me in the right direction on this one Greg.

Cheers anyway mucka

Right guys,

I have got it started but the 'Slip Cont Diff' light flashes and the engine sign is on - sounds and feels as rough as a badgers arse though and idles very low.

Just reconnected the ECU loom but which fuses should I check for this type of problem.

Cheers Matt and Col for your responses mate

FFS,

I have had a look on this US Thread and I have checked a few things on it - connections, plugs etc.

http://i-supra.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/7356041111/m/6796013153?r=6796013153#6796013153

Now this was a typical Readers Digest Medical book situation where a simple cold turned into an issue where you only have 3 weeks to live.

I have cleaved the points and checked the ECU wires and all seem OK.

I restarted the beast before checking the ECU housing and it was still a little rough. I have just tried after the reassembly and the car is fine and it seems to idle better than it did before (the BCC and the Fields Harness is not installed though.

Colin, I think you must have banged the nail on the head with the loose wire problem as that's what I'll be checking on Wednesday.

Colin, Matt - cheers all.

P.S. The BCC works fine and is calibrated for a facelift as i have checked it