The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I now hate Japs

Gadget

When I picked up my Supe I was well pleased cause you don't see many pearl white Supe's around. Now after having it off the road due to bumper damage from an animal it has been off the road for nearly two months waiting for the new bumper to be sprayed.

I bought a Top secret and took it to a guy my brother knows for spray, he basically found out that it wasn't a pearlecent white but they had put pearl in the laquer itself (great). He then proceded to order the paints and screw me about by wasting my time and not spraying the bumper. So after three weeks I collected it back off him with one of the worst primer jobs I have seen before (I've seen thicker paper than his primer).

The bumper has now been taken to a professional down by weston to try to get a match, which I have now found out he can't. He is now going to proceed to spray it in a Super white which is the original paint code. Now I have to source the money from somewhere to get the whole car resprayed in white (which I can't afford).

The longer I wait the longer I will be driving round with a very noticable differant coloured bumper. The japs Suck and are constantly bodging things up.

Anybody else had problems with cars they have brought over???

And anybody got any ideas on what to do??

Sounds like the bodyshop are bodgers to me rather than the Japs any good bodyshop will match the colour

Too many pearls out there to match, if you don't know the mixture it would cost more to find the colour than to spray it.

Are you saying its the standard toyota colour? Or its a custom paint job from japan?

JB

Custom paint job, hes been trying all weekend to match it and he just can't

Thanks turbonut atleast someone feels for me:(

I don't know what your post originally said, but you can't blame an entire nation for one owner deciding he wanted an original car paint scheme and could afford to get it sprayed with special laquer!!! Tough luck for you unfortunately you either have to find someone good to match the paint or get the whole lot resprayed, that's hardly Toyotas fault though!!!

I don't know what your post originally said, but you can't blame an entire nation for one owner deciding he wanted an original car paint scheme and could afford to get it sprayed with special laquer!!! Tough luck for you unfortunately you either have to find someone good to match the paint or get the whole lot resprayed, that's hardly Toyotas fault though!!!

I think that point was kind of made by Ed. ;)

Some shops such as Halfords do standard colours that you should be able to get hold of pretty easily in large enough amounts, then you could try and put some candy pearl on top and see how it comes out, or even make up some candy laquer of your own - I'm sure most good body shops would be able to do that though. How badly damaged is the bumper cause you might be able to get it repaired instead? You'd still need it sprayed though obviously.

Verbose explanations courtesy of tbourner.

It seems you harbour ill feeling towards the Japanese about your Pearl paint.

From that, I would try to make some sort of joke about Pearl Harbour, and it would probably be really shit.

Don't worry, I haven't even taken my coat off.