The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Front mesh for standard bumper

Guest Supra_Mark

Guest Supra_Mark

Guys

Did the supra come with mesh as standard or is mine just missing?

It's a 94 NA Manual but I really cant see the hole 'not being covered' standard, it just looks too wierd?!?

Where can I get mesh big enough to fill the gap?

M.

Its not necessarily a bumper out job, i fitted mine through the gap and it looks fine :) - Got it from halfrauds for around £20 and was more than enough to fill the gap.

Guest Supra_Mark

Also, the cheapest I can find clear replacements for the front is around £130 for both front and side indicators.

Surely there are cheaper alternatives than the original Toyota items?

Any ideas guys?

Also, the cheapest I can find clear replacements for the front is around £130 for both front and side indicators.

Surely there are cheaper alternatives than the original Toyota items?

Any ideas guys?

£130 is too much. Speak to nic our import pimp for a better price.

Also just noticed you're from Leics, where abouts? :) We tend to have a few mini meets around here you should join us for the next one ;)

Guest Supra_Mark
£130 is too much. Speak to nic our import pimp for a better price.

Also just noticed you're from Leics, where abouts? :) We tend to have a few mini meets around here you should join us for the next one ;)

OK thanks, I'll have a word with him.

I'm from a small village called Asfordby near Melton Mowbray.

A meet would be good to see other Supra's. I only ended up with this one because we traded the Mrs MR2 Tubbie in for it on a Part X deal; the cash was enough to complete the deal. But I must admit, I really do like the car after a year of ownership and its so reliable! (Touch wood!) :D

It'll have to be after the baby has settled in, she's only 5 days old bless her but we'll come along. :)

Guest Supra_Mark
Hi mark

I'm looking for similar but if you check out ebay there's loads on there for around 85 -90 quid

L

OK thanks, I'll havent even started on Ebay yet! :)

• 4 weeks later...
I have been thinking of mesh for my bumper, imo the Halfords mesh looks a bit chav, think I need black mesh :rolleyes:

Halfords sell black mesh, if not loads of it on ebay, I just finished a bumper in it (not supra) and looks really nice.

As for how to fit it, best way I found is bend the mesh over the intake/vent and use silicone bonding to glue the mesh to the bumper, simple and easy to do.

I got mine fitted with Stainless steel which I bought somewhere in the midlands, and had delivered. I have a peice left which is enough for the front intake if required. The stuff from Halfords is a bit naff as it bends to easily and will tear when hit by stones.

Florida 034.jpg

Florida 026.jpg

Florida 033.jpg

Florida 019.jpg

Florida 031.jpg

I bought some black mesh from halfords, Ripspeed stuff cut it to shape and then used the black trim strips top and bottom to hold it in. I don't have it fitted anymore I noticed the black had started chipping off all over.

Ended up fitting a facelift grill blade thing 30odd quid from Mr T.

Guys

Did the supra come with mesh as standard or is mine just missing?

It's a 94 NA Manual but I really cant see the hole 'not being covered' standard, it just looks too wierd?!?

Where can I get mesh big enough to fill the gap?

M.

Just sold my spare mesh on ebay for £40.00

i used these people

http://www.grille-tech.com/detail.html?make=Toyota&model=Supra&year=1995&search=Search+%BB

These are a straight fit in 10 mins and you don't need to remove the Bumper

see pic of grille on my Supra

Actually it is a good bit of kit and cheap it comes from USA in about 10 days max

contact Mr Lover (Gary on here) i think he has spare ones as he has one on his Supra

New Grille.jpg