The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I wished I hadn't started to..............

SupraAyf

............tally up all the money I have spent on the Supe in mods and shiny bits but tonight I gave it a go:( .

Well, the sum total is a couple of quid over £12K on parts and upgrades alone (excluding service stuff, consumables and insurance etc etc).

I have done so few miles that everything is still mint.

I don't drink whisky but I may start tonight:blink:

Bad idea guys, just leave it alone, don't count it up

Wise words Alan mate - wished I had chatted with you first before doing it:rolleyes:

this thread makes me

That's where I was last night

Ok I have had mine just over 2 weeks and already the bill is

£5390

Wow - that's really going some mucka;)

How much did that Chargespeed bonnet set you back? I'm sure it's well out of my price range : (

Today 00:00

£395 delivered for the bonnet (now £450 delivered though); £42 delivered for the Aerocatch pins; £200 for painting and fitting the bonnet with Mesh etc; £140 for the all the hassle of fitting the pins inclu new mounts, cutting grinding etc (Total = £777 or £832 now)

I've just looked at your garage, that's one big list you've got there!

then there are things like new Hybrid tubbies, Fields Harness, de-cats, Walbro's, injectors, 256 Cams etc - it soon mounts up

I am fearing adding it all up honestly. But will wait for the bill from TurboFit before adding it up...

Does that include the the car?

£25K including the car Graham mate!

Just get the sofa ready for your bill next week (lol)

I have had mine 4 months now and am just heading towards the £2k mark. What really made me think a little while ago was when I worked out how much I had lost on cars since I had been driving. Just wanted to shoot myself after that :(

It just made me think about what life would be like if I could be content with a 1.4 Fiesta or something. Never going to happen though as the Supra is the first car that I am completely happy with :)

Don't worry mate, you'll soon have a '1' in front of that '2':)

LOL, if I had my way then probably. But I have pretty much promised that once I have gone BPU and maybe bought a new exhaust as well, that I will just spend on maintenance. At least until we have moved house and had another kid next year anyway.

Indeed it is scary.

I bought mine in July and have spent over £4k on servicing, new rad, replacement FMIC after crash and RLTC, plus Cam Belt Change, new Crank Damper, solenoids etc etc. I also spent near £700 on a respray after vandal damage.

Mod wise I've spent the following:

- Facelift Front Indicators and Looms £60

- Blue Dash Conversion £125 - including fitment of new Metal Monkey Dials £90

- Aftermarket Steering Wheel and Boss £90

- TRD Chromed Strut Brace £165 (on the way)

- Facelifted Pre-Jspec lights courtesy of Jon £135 + £15 for sending off old ones. (on the way)

- Carbon Fibre Dash Kit £100

That's a total of £780 just for some farily basic mods!!! Scary as fook Andy.

Total in only 7-8 months ownership is nearly £8k including the new tyres I've bought.

I wouldn't bother as mentioned by AlanM, tallying it up anymore!!! :(

Greg

............tally up all the money I have spent on the Supe in mods and shiny bits but tonight I gave it a go:( .

Well, the sum total is a couple of quid over £12K on parts and upgrades alone (excluding service stuff, consumables and insurance etc etc).

I have done so few miles that everything is still mint.

I don't drink whisky but I may start tonight:blink:

Ah yes but I bet you have had all the fun :)

LOL, if I had my way then probably. But I have pretty much promised that once I have gone BPU and maybe bought a new exhaust as well, that I will just spend on maintenance. At least until we have moved house and had another kid next year anyway.

Oooh! really? Stop at BPU? mmmm... :D somehow I think not! it'll be a single tubbie on your shopping list next mark! :p lol!

btw, I have some leather seats on order for the red beastie, will stop by when theyve been fitted, would be great to say hi to you n viki too ( hope your both well, n the little man:) )

Linda

Andy, that looks truly stunning mate! Loving the front and the Trial rear is faultless. Just one small ounce of advice, get some HIDs on those foggys, a bright white with slight blue tint say 6,000 should be perfect ;)

Sounds good Greg as I currently have golden-yellow bulbs in there to compliment the alloys at the moment - looks quite nice at night though but I may go the route you have suggested mucka;)

It just made me think about what life would be like if I could be content with a 1.4 Fiesta or something. Never going to happen though as the Supra is the first car that I am completely happy with :)

you just cant think like this

if i was not a car freak and had put all my spare money into property over the years i would be living in a £1 million pound house. some people live in beutifull such houses yet have real shitters on the drive that doesnt make sence to me either.

Sounds good Greg as I currently have golden-yellow bulbs in there to compliment the alloys at the moment - looks quite nice at night though but I may go the route you have suggested mucka;)

Ah I see matey. Good point but I think the colour contrast will look great. I may have a spare set of HIDs up for grabs soon. They're dipped beams but think you can get Fog bulbs to fit? :innocent:

Reason being, they work 95% of the time, but sometimes only intermittantly as there's a loose connection somewhere and I can't find it! I'm thinking I might just spend £100 on a new set instead of hunting. :)

So, let's alter that bill above!!!.................

Oooh! really? Stop at BPU? mmmm... :D somehow I think not! it'll be a single tubbie on your shopping list next mark! :p lol!

btw, I have some leather seats on order for the red beastie, will stop by when theyve been fitted, would be great to say hi to you n viki too ( hope your both well, n the little man:) )

Linda

Definately won't be going single as I can't justify the expense and I think BPU is fast enough to be honest.

Cool, new seats will look very nice in her. You coming over to Thor on Saturday to watch any of the cars on the dyno? Im just going over to meet a few people.

It would be good to see you and the car again once you have new seats and a new bumper. It will look so much better with a new bumper.

Tomasz keeps telling me that he is having a Supra as well and that it is on a boat :). He's got a fair few years to go before that happens :)

Mark