The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM compatability help

PhilMorrison

Okay, perhaps a rather difficult question, that I'll only find the answer to when I come to throw it all together or map it, but::::

If I have a UK auto 2jz GTE engine, a Getrag 6 speed box, a Jspec TT manual engine loom, and an AEM EMS, with the AEM 3.5bar map sensor. Am I going to find I need any extra sensors, or to replace/modify any sensors or connection/plugs to make it all work together?

Cheers :)

Because I have bought everything seperately, and the engine is a UK Auto, I pressume that it was originally a MAF setup. Is this the case for 100% of UK Supra's?

So that would mean I DO need the intake air temp sensor. I forgot that MAP still requires temperature compensation, so thanks for that :). Where does the air intake temp sensor fit? I guess I'll stick a wanted post up for one :D

Well yes you do need a IAT, but, what I'm trying to understand is, have you got one already as it's stock on the J-spec engine, and if you have the loom, then you may have the sensors.

On a j-spec it fits on the inlet plenum. On the UK spec, it's part of the MAF sensor, hence why they don't have a sepeate one, but you need it to use the AEM.

Hope that helps.