The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Choosing a Supra replacement!

JamesG

I'll be putting my Supra up for sale quite soon, and I've spent the last few weeks thinking about a car to replace it.

I'm now 90% sure I'll be getting a TVR Cerbera, but I've just spotted the most beautiful looking car on Pistonheads. It's probably not what you're expecting, but it's very very special and I can't stop looking at it!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/124104.htm

Any opinions?

I'll be putting my Supra up for sale quite soon, and I've spent the last few weeks thinking about a car to replace it.

I'm now 90% sure I'll be getting a TVR Cerbera, but I've just spotted the most beautiful looking car on Pistonheads. It's probably not what you're expecting, but it's very very special and I can't stop looking at it!

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/124104.htm

Any opinions?

Are you collecting your pension now?

You couldn't get much different to a TVR! I can appreicate the classic lines and style of the mercedes for sure, but thats an awful lot of money.

Could you live with the lack of performance and handling? I'll tell you something I bet it is much better built and more reliable than a TVR. Do love the noise looks and performance of the cerbera for sure tho.

Yeah the 240Z is very cool, but I've done the whole japanese car thing now. Much as I hate to admit it on the supra forum, but my elise is soooo much more fun to drive than the supra. I know whatever I choose won't be as good a car as the supra, but it's got to be fun, unusual and as impractical as possible :D

I was pretty obsessed about reliable cars too, but I've now decided it's not the most important thing. When stuff goes wrong, it's usually a good learning experience to put it right!

The throttle linkage in my elise snapped recently. It was close to home so I wasn't too badly stranded :innocent: I got a friend to make me up a new bracket and i had to drill out the old rivet from the throttle pedal (while balanced upside down) and bolt the new bracket in place. I'm not that mechanically minded so it was quite a sense of achievement :D