The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What do you think about this fmic?

speddynille

You get what you pay for generally with intercoolers. The cheap ebay intercoolers use a cheap less efficient core and have poorly designed end tanks.

On a 650-700hp Supra I would go for a branded 3 row intercooler eg. HKS, GReddy, Blitz, ARC.

JohnA's website is worth reading to learn more about intercoolers, see here:

http://www.max-boost.co.uk/max-boost/intake/intercooler_2JZGTE.htm

we've been having similar discussions on another club website (albeit a SEAT website) about intercoolers too...

It's amazing how much development goes into an FMIC - but so many people assume that they are all the same and get a cheap one from ebay.

I'd say get a tried and tested model/brand - we've actually seen some results from these cheap ebay jobbies and they do NOT work. (Not saying that this one won't work, mind)

I have a Forge FMIC on my SEAT - might have costed £200-300 more than an ebay version, but it don't half work well :)

Looks like the XS design with Greg runs on the Turbofit car pushing out over 800bhp i belive.

Almost right James 853 rwhp @700ft lb @6000rpm to be exact, and yes it is the XSPower 100mm 4 core.

This intercooler works very well as all the dyno time the car has done shows.:)

And I will still be running the same intercooler on the new car for this season.

**Edited**

You beat me to it Greg :D

I'd say get a tried and tested model/brand - we've actually seen some results from these cheap ebay jobbies and they do NOT work. (Not saying that this one won't work, mind)

We've discussed them on here and the potential problem with the XS IC are the ducts at the side don't flow the air through enough. But saying they "do NOT work" i think is wrong as they have been tried and tested and are running on at least one car if not two in the Pro Shootout in the Japshow events at pod.

**Edited**

You beat me to it Greg :D

We've discussed them on here and the potential problem with the XS IC are the ducts at the side don't flow the air through enough. But saying they "do NOT work" i think is wrong as they have been tried and tested and are running on at least one car if not two in the Pro Shootout in the Japshow events at pod.

yeh, thats why i tried to say "I'm not saying this one won't work though"..... lol

Some of the XS Power ones for the VAG cars are shocking, apparently.