The mkiv Supra Owners Club

MKIV Store web site - looks active to me!

DaveK

In the many (many) threads about MKIV Store, the one question that keeps being raised is : Why is the website still active?

And the response we keep seeing is : It's not, and won't accept orders.

Well - I decided there was an easy way to find out.

The cheapest thing I could find was some Castrol fluid - which with delivery was just over £10. I have just successfuly placed an order for it.

I called my credit card company - and at the moment, their system does not show any payment. So it's possible I haven't been billed. I will watch my credit card statement over the next few days.

Either way - it did allow me to complete the order and if I had not seen all the threads on here, I would now be expecting my goods. The statement that the website won't accept orders is - in my experience - bollocks.

In the many (many) threads about MKIV Store, the one question that keeps being raised is : Why is the website still active?

And the response we keep seeing is : It's not, and won't accept orders.

Well - I decided there was an easy way to find out.

The cheapest thing I could find was some Castrol fluid - which with delivery was just over £10. I have just successfuly placed an order for it.

I called my credit card company - and at the moment, their system does not show any payment. So it's possible I haven't been billed. I will watch my credit card statement over the next few days.

Either way - it did allow me to complete the order and if I had not seen all the threads on here, I would now be expecting my goods. The statement that the website won't accept orders is - in my experience - bollocks.

mmmmm after all thats happened you gave out your credit card details to them, brave man:)

mmmmm after all thats happened you gave out your credit card details to them, brave man:)

I did consider that - but that's what credit card insurance is for. And I pay for plenty of stuff online without really knowing what the company history is.

I did consider that - but that's what credit card insurance is for. And I pay for plenty of stuff online without really knowing what the company history is.

so do i, but if he can take 1k out off my account without telling me, then thats scary:rolleyes:

Wonder who gets the money, Jody who is affliated to mkivstore but not to the website mkivstore.com OR Martin who owns the website mkivstore.com but allegedly has nothing to do with mkivstore.com - the business.

:search:

I am so glad that Martin refused to take my money saying that it wasn't good enough for him (I was really interested in the PWR Stage 1 DBB turbo he had for sale); he basically refused to rip me off :D

I can't quite understand why Jody still wants to be affiliated with the MkIVstore brand.

If it were me, I would want to start my own company and distance myself from the bad press that the MkIVstore brand has had over the last three month's or so.

If he did decide to do that, and if Martin has decided to close up then it takes a lot of complications out of the matter, surely?

In my experience, it was Jody who seemed to be the guy who made things tick in there anyway. Regardless of the past issues with Mkiv store (that were apparently Martins doing, don't know so can't comment), if Jody thinks that he can salvage anything from it then I think we should all give him all the support he needs. I personally found him to be a great guy who was always more that willing to help.

Just my two pence worth.

Thanks for the comments... and I agree!

I DONT want to be associated with the name! But I cannot turn the site off, I have asked him too, its as annoying to me as it is to everyone else.... Ive checked the order has been placed but the card payments have been suspended.... As far as i can tell itll sit like that for ever...