The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Genuine W-reg Supra....

5upra

I was passing a petrol station in Chelsea last week and saw a black W-reg Supra TT. A very well groomed 60ish year old guy was filling up so I stopped to ask how it was he had a W-reg Supra. It was a genuine 2000/W car. He told me he bought it new in 2000 from Toyota Park Lane. They imported it for him, brand new from Japan, full UK spec. how rare is that ? I didn't know you could get one this new as there is still no model report for it as an import. It was because Toyota did it for him but how did they get round this ? how was it ESVA'd ?. Has anyone else seen one this new ?

I don't know if I'm right here, but there were some new imported supra's (2000-2002) before the import law came in? (Well, thats what i was told anyway)

That would mean that he/Toyota imported it before the law was enforced....

I've seen some 2002 plate Supra's about - and there has been one on pistonheads for a while now..

I saw a W reg N/A at modified nationals '06. Had a chat with the lad and he said it was because the car was never bought by anyone until the year 2000, then it was registered. Had something like 23,000 on the clock :)

iirc theres a 2002 registered one about somewhere, I remember reading a post on here about it

NA's have a model report so any can be brought in.

The VVTI TT's do not so are extremely rare as any here will be imported/registered before the new import laws came into place. There's at least one board members with a genuine 2002 car on an 02 plate (one of the last 100 made). Someone I used to work with has a late 2001 car.

Be warned though - there were some cars wrongly registered with DVLA which ended up with 02 plates despite being made in the 90's.

BTW, Jurgen has a way round the import rules ;)

Guest pompeysupra
NA's have a model report so any can be brought in.

so a late N/A could be brought in no problems...... and then NA-T'd :D possibly cheaper than trying to bring in a late TT ?