electronic gauge probs

supradibbs

right followed the wiring diagram nd i cant get the sodding things to work

attached as follows

12v permant feed to memory wire back off stereo

12v ign to ign feed back off stereo

12 illum to clock illum

earth to screw by gear lever

check voltage at each but still aint working what the feck!!! any idea pulling my hair out now they are the sti gauges from Dexter at boostshop

Ok, so the power and and the memory are fine (or we can assume). Maybe your earth isn't very good. Maybe try another place.

yeah i put the meter on the feed and on the earth and showed it as ok,gonna slave it direct into the battery tomorrow just to make sure the gauge is good if i use the pos and neg stright from the battery and it still dont work hen there is a prob with the gauges

I had the same problem when I bought a 450 PS 60mm Apexi power meter Gauge 2 years ago. Now this is an old and rare gauge and it would be a novelty in a Supe.

Due to its age, I found that I had to strip the whole thing and re-solder it as it was built a few years ago when they didn't 'dip' the gauges in to soldering solution to make a permanent contact for the circuit board.

It's working now but it may be an internal connection problem in your case if you have already tried the other points that the boys have mentioned so far.

If nothing else works then I would suggest that you take the back off and ensure that the +ve and -ve circuit points that connect the main power leads to the circuit board are intact