The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra 30-130 times?

Mcgoo

I've just got back from Raf Marham where the Mitubishi Lancer Owners club have hired the runway for the day for 30- 130 runs and V-max.

I think there was about 50 cars or so participating. I didn't hang around for all of it (not an evo lover) but the times ranged from about 8.6 secs to 15 secs. It was slightly damp.

This got me thinking, what sort of time would a supra do?

N/A, Stock TT, BPU, and single?

Anyone know?

According to the video I watched in the back of a Police car not that long ago, pretty bloody quickly!! Gave the unmarked 5 series Beemer they were in a good run anyway! Still, they were nice about it and asked for my autograph on a piece of paper, which was nice!!

I wonder if we could hire Raf Marham airfield as a club ? if we could get as many peeps interested for that like we can for santa pod we must have enough ?

I believe this would be possible to do as the MLOC and the Farrari OC do it a couple of times a year. If we show a good attendance to the upcoming track day then we would be in a better position to ask as these events are to raise money for charity. Heckler is in a better position than me to find out as its his boss that organises these events.

Does anyone know if we (the club) have access to any timing equipment as I believe the MLOC and FOC bring thier own?

30-130 in a stock UK spec 6 speed is 22 seconds according to Top Gear magazine.

That seems too slow. The stock Supra can hit 100 from rest in approx 12-13 seconds, allowing 2 seconds to 30, thats say 11 seconds 30 - 100, thats means it takes nearly 4 seconds per 10mph from 100 up to 130. Doesn't seem right to me.