The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Resolved Air Conditioning Problem

supra-mike1984

Hi everyone,

Managed to resolve the problem I was having with my aircon. What was happening was the aircon button would light up when I pressed it, but it would not engage the motor. I did the diagnostics on the cars controls panel, and the 2 buttons left alight were the recycling air button and the front demister button. I took advise on here to get it regased, due to a cut off switch which engages once the pressure in the Aircon system has dropped to low. I took it yesterday to Volvo Services on the A41 in Staffordshire near to Weston Park, and for £45 had it regased, rather than the £90-summot at Toyota and HEY-PRESTO!!! Breezin cooler than an Arctic Wind again!

I know there have been many questions over non-working aircon units on here, so I thought it wud be worth a quick heads up to inform how I resolved mine, and a damn cheap place to get it refilled!! ;)

Mike :)

Air con need to used very regularly to protect the seals, if not you will have gas leak away very slowly. I run my air con all the time no matter what the weather is like.

Me too. It does a good job of demisting, without having to have the temperature up high.

ill have to keep a steady eye on it. its usually pretty easy to spot the leak cuz of the dye they put in isnt it??? :blink:

It is yes, if they have put any dye in. It's actually a UV dye, so although you can sometimes see it, it's really meant to be seen with a UV lamp as it glows really bright purple.

The dye is usually only put in to check for leaks, but not on a normal regas.

I think, anyway..

Mine would last two weeks or so before it needed filling again (in the old car, not this one).