The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Erection Problems....

Supragaz

[sHOCK][/sHOCK]

My Aerial decided to stay in the upright position yesterday and is now making a groaning noise when I turn the radio off :(

I have used the search button to see the best replacement but couldnt find an answer.

Is there a way to get the aerial back down again if I disconnect it because I dont normally use it so will be happy if it stays in the down position or do I need a new one?

I would be happy with a direct replacement stubby job If I could find one that fits without modification :(

Thanks

Gaz :)

Sounds like you definetly need a new one mate, as mine went exactly the same. Stayed up and a horrid whirring/grinding noise when i turned the stereo on. Theres a white plastic piece full of teeth, its most likely snapped. I suspect your motor will be fine (mine was) you just need a new mast and plastic piece with teeth that go with it, got mine from Steve Manley for about £30

See this thread for how to do it

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=80078&highlight=aerial