The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Door Sils

R3DG3CKO ROB

i thought about this on my old car, pretty easy, all you need is an electro luminescent panel from Here

as they are quite thin sheets they will fit perfectly under your door sill, you may want to seal them in with silicone or something first though. its not the full solution but it should point you in the right direction. :)

Ahhh, now that would be perfect...

Next step is to work out how to make the chrome sil logos opaque :) I was thinking of the thor style alu heater dials... They use a chrome style foil so when the lights are off it just appears chrome but when the lights are on it glows red/blue etc...

If we could get that to work, all we'd have to do would be to put some kinda varnish to avoid scratches damage...

Mmmm sounds like a plan...

Only problem I can see would be that we'd have to cut out the logo and the window tint would be mounted behind that on top of the chrome foil and the light pad...

This would leave a slight indent where the hole was cut... it'd fill with dirt and be a bitch to clean...

How could we raise the level of the hole to match the metal????

Going to the cinema in a sec but this has really got my creative juices flowing :)

I haven't ordered them yet... Unfortunately I don't have any spare cash at the moment as I'm paying for a lot of bodywork :(

These sils will def be my next big project, once I've got the cash :)

maybe we could get Miami GT to donate a set to use for the project??? ;) I hear they're awesome guys!!! ;)

• 3 months later...

Just fitted these and they're perfect to try this with as the logo is pre-cut...

only problem now is that the Company selling the EL panels doesn't ship to the UK! I've emailed them to see if they will :)

I also need to start thinking about how to wire these into the door sensor switch?

Rob

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...