The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help and opinions please

dazla

I actually posted this when i first joined but didnt get many replies. I did a straight swap for an fto for the supe that i now own off a chap. I think back now and realise that he was quite eager to get rid of it. Well silly me didnt even look for the Vin plate under the bonnet and when i finally did, there just wasn't one there.:rolleyes:

Now theres a vin number under the bonnet just under the windscreen printed into the chasi and that Marches the one on my log book, but the question is that why has my Vin plate been removed! Is there any reason for this and is my car legal!:(

Its driving me crazy thinking about this so some good advise would be really appreciated.

Maybe the wing was replaced and they didnt put the vin plate on?

Might be worth doing a HPI check - because to be honest why would you want to swap a supra for an FTO?

Guest Phillw454

yes your car is legal, you can file off your vin number if you wanted. Alot of stolen cars do cause the police cant prove they filled it off to hide the cars ID.