The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Facelift UK Glass Completed

cntt

can't really buy a glass lens with no lines on it can I :search:

could remove the side light and have it done completely same as the facelift, but I'm lazy. :p

well how about facelift look a like, I would prefer to keep the glass ones rather than the plastic myself TBH. :sly:

anyhow !

thanks for commments guys ;)

can't really buy a glass lens with no lines on it can I :search:

could remove the side light and have it done completely same as the facelift, but I'm lazy. :p

well how about facelift look a like, I would prefer to keep the glass ones rather than the plastic myself TBH. :sly:

I also prefer the glass ones. I think facelift ones are over-rated

no problem mate, by the way, I am still looking for a driver side glass light if anyone know of one for sale or have one for sale, got linky for one on ebay but that one has been painted already, the chrome rings wouldn't look right compare to this one.

worst comes to the worst, I buy a new one :(

cheers

boo, i thought youd done facelift innards with glass lenses,

i might have a go at the glass lense on facelift innards since i have a couple of spare sets,

are the glass lenses difficult to cook off?

ive done the plagi ones a few times, but not glass because im scared of shattering them.

(particularly if they shattered in the oven coz id get a thorough beating off the other half! lol)

boo, i thought youd done facelift innards with glass lenses,

i might have a go at the glass lense on facelift innards since i have a couple of spare sets,

are the glass lenses difficult to cook off?

ive done the plagi ones a few times, but not glass because im scared of shattering them.

(particularly if they shattered in the oven coz id get a thorough beating off the other half! lol)

Same here Al. I'd love to see someone do this.

UK Glass, Facelift inners with No Sidelight. Perfect combo. Just need two sets to do it! And that's expensive! :p

you'll burn the hands off youself if you bake it :p the glass gets hot realy easy and stays hot for long enough to burn your hands.

get a heat gun, they only cheap, and its far easier with a heat gun, oh wear a glove just incase if you want :)

the jap innards are different to the UK ones, you have to do a little more mods to get them fit right, i.e. the 2 clips on the top are in different places, bottom clip on same place but its a round plastic clip, and the edges also are different on the glass ones, I was thinking about doing that, but then again, I'm lazy :D

I might actually remove the side lights from the normal inners part, since they are already out of the casing, and they are just sitting around doing nothing at the moment :), its not that hard to do really, just a bit of cutting and fibraglass job, done something similar before but not the headlights thats all :) as for anyone who don't want to do it incase they mess it up, I'll be selling off the jap lights once I get hold of the glass one :)

but the only tricky part is to add the chrome rings on the fullbeam, once I get a driverside glass light, I get that done like this one too, then I will get the facelift lights at some point, and then I will defo remove the lens and replace them with glass, that be an easier option.I'm sure someone will have that done before me :)

Guest gzaerojon
Same here Al. I'd love to see someone do this.

UK Glass, Facelift inners with No Sidelight. Perfect combo. Just need two sets to do it! And that's expensive! :p

;)

Guest gzaerojon
much better John.....

I still prefer the proper facelift ones though - clear plastic and very light ;)

same here, i'd love to get a pair ground out so there's no lines :D

ive got 2 facelifts from the car but one got scratched, so got a nice new glass pair,

since then ive got a new plagi lense for the facelift, so was gonna go back to facelift n sell glass,

but if it can be done, facelift glass might be fun,

...it'd go with the custom clear facelift lensed colour matched rears! (brag mode: OFF) LOL

hmmmm...

the only thing I be wondering is, how would the pattern works out on the fullbeam??? partten are coming from the chrome part and the lens then again has lines on it as well for the beam pattern. maybe worth while swapping out that section of the light as well.