The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Whats that noise?

Guest dolly1350

Guest dolly1350

I have a GZ tt 95 and today when I started my car all the noises stopped as usual when the engine started. However when I let the handbrake off the noise came back, but stopped when the car was moving and as soon as I braked it came back and went off when I accelerated. Is this some kind of warning tone and if so for what?

Please can someone help

Yours

chris

I'm guessing the noise Chris is reffering to before the engine starts is when the key is in the ignition as is beeping like the door is ajar or with the lights on or whatever, well the beeping seems to all be revolving around the brakes but I wasnt aware of a warning tone associated with this, if it was me I'd be checking brake fluid levels and brake pads all around

How long have you had the car?, had it serviced, or had any work on it recently?

Guest dolly1350
I'm guessing the noise Chris is reffering to before the engine starts is when the key is in the ignition as is beeping like the door is ajar or with the lights on or whatever, well the beeping seems to all be revolving around the brakes but I wasnt aware of a warning tone associated with this, if it was me I'd be checking brake fluid levels and brake pads all around

How long have you had the car?, had it serviced, or had any work on it recently?

Have had the car about 5 years only done 2000k has never been fully serviced and no work done recently. The noise I refer to is the tone you get when you turn on the ignition it stops when the engine fires. I had the car washed yesterday (I normally do it myself but was feeling particularly lazy) and they used a pressure washer could this have anything to do with it?

Guest dolly1350
I have a GZ tt 95 and today when I started my car all the noises stopped as usual when the engine started. However when I let the handbrake off the noise came back, but stopped when the car was moving and as soon as I braked it came back and went off when I accelerated. Is this some kind of warning tone and if so for what?

Please can someone help

Yours

chris

Perhaps if I had a workshop manual it might help do you know the best place to obtain them? as I also have a Celica GT4 and a Mitsi GTO tt.

Chris

Have had the car about 5 years only done 2000k has never been fully serviced and no work done recently. The noise I refer to is the tone you get when you turn on the ignition it stops when the engine fires. I had the car washed yesterday (I normally do it myself but was feeling particularly lazy) and they used a pressure washer could this have anything to do with it?

Have you really not had it serviced in 5 years?? May be a good idea to book it in for a 'health check' even though its only done about 2K. Have you done your own checks/top ups/fluid changes etc?

curious...:confused:

What kind of noise are we talking about here? Mettalic noise? Electrical noise? High or low pitched? I think we are all a bit unable to help unless the actual noise can be heard by someone.

My humble guess is the car has developed some kind of dislike to sitting around going nowhere. A damn good thrash about may just fix the problem.

Umm, I have this noise. Is it when you touch the key against the ignition circuit? When I turn the key, without engine starting it goes away.

It's a "Boing, Boing, Boing, Boing" fairly low pitch comforting tone.

Surely it's nothing? Just a warning to say the key is about to be inserted.

Perhaps if I had a workshop manual it might help do you know the best place to obtain them? as I also have a Celica GT4 and a Mitsi GTO tt.

Chris

I got one from JohnK on here recently, give him a shout see if he's got any left. It's huge and weighty, but well worth it as it does turn the Supra into a glorified lego kit.