The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Max Power write up on my car

markssupra

A strange thing happened last night at our Southend monthly meet. I was one of the last to arrive at the pub and as I was pulled up this guy walked over and said he worked for Max Power and would I like them to do a write up on my car.

All the other owners were already in the pub.

Anyway, he took a picture of it on his mobile phone, asked for my name and mobile number and said he would be in touch. I asked him why mine in particular as there were other supes there just as good and better and he said he liked mine the most as it stands out and you dont see many silver ones :blink:

I am thinking of contacting Max Power and asking if this guy actually does work for them.

Am I being paranoid thinking this is just another type of scam or could it be legit.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean to scare you, but round where I live there is a lot of "stealing to order" on cars.

A friend of mine chased a guy for snapping his Z4 that was parked in a secure parking area the other week. The guy ran off and got away in a car that was left running at the side of the road.

If the guy calls you, don't for obvious reasons make him think you are away from your home or car.

I don't mean to scare you, but round where I live there is a lot of "stealing to order" on cars.

A friend of mine chased a guy for snapping his Z4 that was parked in a secure parking area the other week. The guy ran off and got away in a car that was left running at the side of the road.

If the guy calls you, don't for obvious reasons make him think you are away from your home or car.

My thoughts exactly. :(

Thanks for the offer Robbo, but I have just phoned Max Power and they have no one by that name working for them and nobody out on a photoshoot last night.

They could'nt think why anyone would do that.

Shit, paranoid now that some thieving scum wants my supe. :(

I would go to my local police station and get them to log it so if anything does happen then at least it is logged (hopefully nothing will happen) :)