The mkiv Supra Owners Club

HELP PLEASE. (alarm cat1 needed)

edge

Im in need of someone who can fit a cat1 and supply a cert aswel. I did get a recomendation for a guy off ebay who was a total let down. Went to try another garage and he's having trouble finding the right diagrams but will take the time But wants to charge me £350 for a meta or toad, is this expensive.

I need it to be fitted asap but would prefer someone who knows there way round the supe electrical system.

Its a 93 TT J-SPEC

Thankooooooo

Ive got the car insured but at the moment with certain clauses until i produce a cert.

Its not a matter of just needing a cert its a piece of mind to stop have a go thieves as i know if someone pro realy wants your car then they will have it.

ive just removed a cat 1 toad alarm 606 from my car. obviously i still have the cert. i think these are almost £300 fitted.

ive swapped it for a code alarm ca670

http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audiovox.com:1025/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GenProductListCmd?type=nprev&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=5045&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=&desc=Remote+Start+Systems

much better alarm imo. imobilizes the engine 2

Im in need of someone who can fit a cat1 and supply a cert aswel. I did get a recomendation for a guy off ebay who was a total let down. Went to try another garage and he's having trouble finding the right diagrams but will take the time But wants to charge me £350 for a meta or toad, is this expensive.

I need it to be fitted asap but would prefer someone who knows there way round the supe electrical system.

Its a 93 TT J-SPEC

Thankooooooo

Try dragon on here he is portsmouth based. I can vouch for the fact that he is fantastic.

A guy I know got one of these of Ebay fitted, he was really pleased.

I paid £250 fitted for the same thing off a local fitter.

The toads are cat 1 , and you get your remote central locking too.

Didnt make any difference to my insurance (Admiral) as they dont require that I had one fitted anyway.

If you get a Toad , buy a Clifford led warning light to go with it as the toads std led is very dim.The clifford one has 4 very bright leds flashing in sequence (knight rider style) but looks good , not chav

A guy I know got one of these of Ebay fitted, he was really pleased.

I paid £250 fitted for the same thing off a local fitter.

The toads are cat 1 , and you get your remote central locking too.

Didnt make any difference to my insurance (Admiral) as they dont require that I had one fitted anyway.

If you get a Toad , buy a Clifford led warning light to go with it as the toads std led is very dim.The clifford one has 4 very bright leds flashing in sequence (knight rider style) but looks good , not chav

Something to bear in mind here..... You mod your car and declare it (ie you actually want insurance) they will require security cat 2 minimum. As long as my car hasn't got security if someone steals it I am not insured. Thats why any prospective thief needs to bring an ignition unit, a battery, oh and some way of moving my alarmed range rover. After you move that then there is a bit of a trailer to move. A garage door to break through or some talking to do

I went for a cheap Laserline £279 fully fitted has alarm and dual circuit Imb, as mentioned before it does not matter what alarm is on your car if a thief wants it he will get it, so why go for very exspensive.

It's all about making it as difficult as possible - and hence making someone elses car an easier prospect.

If we followed your statement to it's ultimate conclusion, you may as well leave the car unlocked with the keys in it. After all, if a thief wants it he'll have it anyway......

ive just removed a cat 1 toad alarm 606 from my car. obviously i still have the cert. i think these are almost £300 fitted.

ive swapped it for a code alarm ca670

http://webappshttp.voxdmz.audiovox.com:1025/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/GenProductListCmd?type=nprev&catalogId=10001&storeId=10001&categoryId=5045&langId=-1&page=&urlString=&productId=&desc=Remote+Start+Systems

much better alarm imo. imobilizes the engine 2

Ive booked mine in . A toad Ai606 with external proximity warning thingy £270 inc fitting and full cert etc. Plz avoid safe n sound on ebay they just messed me about. I will let you guys know how i get on and this guy does travel. He is in birmingham and coming down to weston super mare at no charge but anything outside 100 mile from his postcode is £30

Im stressing about this a bit just now as well as my car has an alarm and immobiliser fitted, but I dont have any certs to prove it. Insurance company requesting them. Dont know what Im gonna do yet.

You can get an approved installer to verify your installation and either write it on your proposal or redo a cert. Just ring your insurance company and ask them what they need.

£270 aint bad. I need an immobilisor fitting to mine to sort out the insurance. As it stands its not covered for theft. I immobilise it myself though by taking out the ignitor ECU (car aint going anywhere without it) When its in the garage long term the wheels are removed and stored elsewhere.

PS those bloomin proximity thingumies are a pain in the tits, all 3 I have had drove me mad :(