The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Need my wheels re-furbing

rick001

:Pling: Anyone have any suggestions where i can get my alloys re-furbed near Burton/Derby??

I was looking for one the other day - got a quote back from Lap-tab in Birmingham, but they want around £400 for my crappy ACE things with a polished rim. I could probably buy the wheels new for not much more than that!

I have used Lap Tab a few times now and they have been spot on for normal refurbs though (solid colours)

for a set of 17" standard rims it was around £140 (tyres removed first)

I was looking for one the other day - got a quote back from Lap-tab in Birmingham, but they want around £400 for my crappy ACE things with a polished rim. I could probably buy the wheels new for not much more than that!

What did you want doing Bob ?

Just wanted the wheels repainting in gold, with the salt / brakdust corrosion getting polished off the stainless(?) lip. They quoted me £90 per wheel :( Mind you, that was with tyre removal, reinstalling & re-balancing. But I could probably get that done for £30 at the local Hi-Q!

Fairly certain it's these ones (on the car when I bought it):

[qimg]http://www.machiii.net/images/wheels/ace/big_A132_Klassik_SL.jpg[/qimg]

ACE "Klassiks" in silver, with machined lip. AFAIK they're only 'imitation split-rim'

Well if you fancy a little run out to south B'ham then i know a place that can do those and the last time i had some 17's done they were £30 each and were very good.