The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Converting to elec folding mirrors

Mike25tt

I've just bought a set of elec folding mirrors complete with rocker switch from a breakers and I'm wanting to put them on the Supe this weekend.

I've got a 94 RZ model with manual folding mirrors, elec mirror glass adjustment (not sure if they are heated) and a hole in the dash where the mirror switch should go.

The elec folding mirrors are from a 95 j-spec and have the plug in looms to the mirrors but the wires have been cut about 15cm from the plug. The same applies to the rocker switch which has the plug in loom to the back of the switch and the wires have been cut at the other end.

Is this a straight forward job to do?....has anyone on here done this before?....any help would be great.;)

Did you buy these from eBay? Since I was looking a set which sounds awfully familiar ;)

I´m also interested to hear how this conversion needs to be done.

yeh I did get these from ebay :sly: Hopefully they will work! :blink:

Did you recently buy some from the Supra forum at 1/2 the price and also in black by any chance?! ;)