The mkiv Supra Owners Club

lambo doors and brake upgrade

gdc

Supra doors are very heavy and long, so any kit needs to be VERY strong to deal with the weight and leverage exerted on it by the door.

Even the expensive top quality kits I've seen flex a lot under the weight and turning forces of the door and over time they usually start to sag and need the door realigning.

If you do fit them, buy a strong, bolt on kit specifically designed for the Supra. Expect to pay over £1000 for a decent kit, going for a cheap kit will cost a lot extra in labour costs trying to get it to fit and will probably not be strong enough to securely support the doors.

The tuners I use have done a lot of these conversations and this is the only kit they have found up to the job. I can supply these if needed, they are not particularly cheap though.

http://www.skipper.co.jp/special/borzoi.html

Guest CoolsBlue

who cares abt what others think? its your car if u want lambo hinges go for it, but get the rite kit, i purchased one of keron for a supra, needs a bit of rolling behing the wings to fit, i think it looks nice

Guest CoolsBlue

yep, only reason i went with keron is becuase ive seen he's delt with lambo hinges before and seen pics of his old car and a another with the hinges on, and a few members have purchased of him to

As for brakes, if you currently have the smaller spec 2 pot/1pot Supra brakes fitted, I'd recommend upgrading to the larger 4 pot/2 pot Supra brakes. These are good value for money and are a significant improvement over the smaller set up.

I have the 4 pot front brakes in stock at teh moment, see details here

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=98436

I was thinking of doing this but none of the kits i've seen for the Sup get the doors completely vertical... Usually just goes to a 45/50 degree angle. Are there issues getting the door to 90 degree angle?

I saw a big guy strugle to get out of a Sup with lambo style doors at JAE last year so changed my mind...

Has anyone got any pics of one of the decent kits fitted?

It would be really great to be able to park in a carpark and get out easily :)