The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help Rear Windscreen Smashed

Guest timalbert

Guest timalbert

Just had my rear windscreen and front passenger side windscreen smashed! any ideas on prices? somehow i dont think im covered on my insurance! advice would be grateful:(

Guest timalbert

im going through my insurance,just thought id let you all know that autoglass wanted £1500 to replace the rear and side windscreen!!!!!! £1500

/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
/vbb/images/smilies/bbcode_shock.gif
£1500 for two pieces of glass!!

Ditto the insurance comments...

Front windscreens cost a lot too - but glass is covered by most insurance policies, usually with a small excess. Have you asked your insurance company???

When my windscreen was cracked, I claimed it through insurance. I then told RAC autowindscreens to get me a GENUINE dealer screen from SEAT and not one of their fabricated jobbies - took 2 days longer but SOOOO MUCH BETTER - and easier to fit too (apparently)

That didnt cost me ANY extra.

I had the front and rear screens smashed in my MR2, go them replaced through insurance for £60 the pair.

Yep - thats what i would have had done too - but as my rear windscreen wasnt smashed (should have done it myself) it was only scratched and some dead elements in the heater, they wouldn't do it :(