The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Is this meths ok for water/meth injection?

Wez

also you could go to alkycontrol.com i think it is there is lots of them...

Most of them you CANNOT run FULL meth simply because the O rings where not designed to run meth. However, on ebay there is a brand I can't remember the site that has so many kits and it will run meth.

I've been using my meth kit for a lil over a year.. it's worth every penny...

Guest Terry S
According to that link Jamie the aquamist pump does not require any lubs when using meths and they recommend that you dont use one.

edit.........sorry it's our engine

totally useless snipit of info ~

In 1942, the German Luftwaffe increased the horsepower of the Focke-Wulf 190D-9 fighter aircraft from 1776HP to 2240HP using 50/50% water/methanol injection.

thats a fair hike in power but i think they could only run this as emergency boost for about 30 seconds then the engine went:bang:

...Most of them you CANNOT run FULL meth simply because the O rings where not designed to run meth. ...

True.

The Aquamist pump is rated as 'safe' at 50% meth.

Ethanol is tolerated at an even lower concentration.

However, you can ask them to send you (free, most likely) an alternative O-ring which can take 100% meth. You will need to dismantle the pump, so you have to be reasonably competent mechanically. Nothing major.

I can't think of many applications where over 50% meth would be an improvement though (plus it would be a flammable liquid sitting in the engine bay - up to 50% water is not flammable;) )