The mkiv Supra Owners Club

AEM Wideband Sensor Mounting

Supra ST Myster

Ok, i know that it says it should be mounted either 18 or 36 inches from the manifold to block, but on my downpipe for my single there is already a bung welded in the position shown in the pic (to the right of the stock O2 sensor) and the aem sensor screw perfectly in there, so is it ok to mount the sensor there, im not going to be running high boost, about 1.2bar in the end.. not going to big power so egts should be ok?? thoughts... :search:

you like my pic? :D

aem probe.jpg

IMO it will be fine as indicated in your photo. I have had a wideband sensor in a similar position on my Skyline for years, no problem on road or track.

That's realy good news Chris, Thanks - I was starting to panic, as mine is in the first decat on my BPU, and was worrying with all these previous comments

Mike

But the manufacturer recommends fitting them 36" downstream from the exhaust port for a reason!

I wouldn't want to risk shortening the life of mine unnecessarily! :)

Yeah thanks mate, you've got me worrying again :( . To recap, I didn't ask for it to be fitted where it was, a 'respected' tuner fitted it there.

Mike

THATS exactly where i would put mine, hee hee.;)

LOL :D ok hint taken ill sort yours out next week sometime matey :)

In the Supra ST pic, but Robs placement is also fine :)

Good to know :)

:cry:

Don't worry Mike if im going to be wielding / fitting Dodgy's we could always come to some sort of arrangement ;) Over yours as i still have the tap and die set from when i made a new set of boss's up for my PHR mid pipe.