The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust flames

hogmaw

I brought a cossie a few years ago that had a button on the dash i never knew what it did, one night on the M40 i started playing with it and i coud see these huge flames coming out the back then i realised what it was:D I think flamer kits are a right laugh but antilag is better:eyebrows: but then i am a chav:D

I brought a cossie a few years ago that had a button on the dash i never knew what it did, one night on the M40 i started playing with it and i coud see these huge flames coming out the back then i realised what it was:D I think flamer kits are a right laugh but antilag is better:eyebrows: but then i am a chav:D

:rlol:

Guest Nicholas
had one on my last car the gt4 and it was fun at night when racing someone u were always gaurented a huge flame when u were racing:d also was good laugh scareing people with it i even tried to set dan joyce on fire (dirty sanchez) although i think its tacky for the supra :blink:

lol I love this picture in your garage mate

vbpgimage.php?do=full&p=929&d=1137526124

The two lads with the pukka pies sign behind them quality :D

I guess the easiest way, without fitting a flamer kit, you could fit an Apexi SAFC and increase your fueling that way. Have the Hi map to trigger at 100% throttle - and set the Neg points high in the RPM. That way it'll only trigger at WOT - at say 5k .. 6k RPM for example ..

Just a thought. Not sure about what it would do to the injector duty cycle on stock pressure tho ... or why you'd want to deliberately attract attention from traffic police.

Guest Phillw454

iv got one with 2 switches 1 to turn it on then one to start the flame (cost me over £100) so you can choose when you want it to flame and when not to, think its a real pain to fit on a toyota though cause its all wierd (spell) through the ignition, flames up to 6ft on higher turbo cars, still might fit it:d

I fitted one to a members supra with a few others, decided to take it down our local ring road and every time on lift off it would fire massive flames out the back, the cars behind me were dropping well back. Will have to say it was great fun.. But never fitted one to my own car.

Go to your local scrap yard and pull all the needed bits from a old shitter!

does anyone know what causes flames (w/o the flaming kit)? You sometime see it during gear shifting, and I'm guessing it is unburnt gas being let out. But why? I'm again guessing it happens when you de-clutch but what exactly makes it do it? I think its a nice party trick, if the car does it without the silly "flamer-kit". Can you do anything to provoke it from a BPU soup?