The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lower pully Wheel "cam belt"

Guest Aaron

While driving back from Tesco, thankfully just around the corner, I lost power steering and all electrics in the car. Called the RAC out, and the lower pully has sheered off. Garages around here want almost £300 for that part, surely thats a rip off as its just a ring of mettel with some rubber bonded in the middle.

Anyone know the realistic price of the part, and how hard it is to fit?

Thanks

iV recently bought that part from Steve Manley for £188 plus VAT. They are a dear part, i think its due to it being precision engineered and balanced etc.

Theyre easy to replace DIY, however a tool is required required to lock the crank and undo the crank pulley nut. Have a search for cam belt replacement and the 'how to' is there some where.

I have three pulleys in good condition, not the crank one though. If you have a pic of which one it is and its one I have its yours if you want it. They are: alternator pulley- Power steering pulley and the water pump pulley. All originals and were all in working order when they came off the car