The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Santapod Yesterday

Robbie

I managed to get the car up to santapod on sunday and managed about 9 runs.

I had intercooler pipes pop off 3 times, vacuum pipes 4 times...so needless to say, fustrating!

I couldn't get traction of the line, only managed a 1.84 60ft.

My best ET was 10.9 at 129.7 at 1.35 bar

So now I need to get the tune finished, new inteercooler pipes and some T bolt clamps and I can turn the boost up to 1.6bar!

Still fun though:) Shame I only saw one other soop run and that was an NA.

Gaz. No mate my launches were sh##e! The track wasn't prepared at all and both lines got oil dumped at the starrt line, so I couldn't gun it off the start! That combined with pipes popping off all the time made it a little fustrateing to say the least!

Gamer, I'll try your idea. Thanks a lot. I now know what i'll be doing this weekend!

Mikalor clamps and a quick dab of hairspray on the pipes/joins before fixing them with the clamps worked for me when I was having issues with my pipework on my Soarer mate.

;)

Mikalor clamp have now been ordered:d

I'm happy to say I don't own any hairspray, so some begging to the missus might be in ord'er:p

saw you running yesterday Robbie (and did try to say hi but you were quite engrossed!) - the car looks very impressive on the strip.

Grip was horrible this weekend - we camped up there this weekend so I got 10 runs in Saturday daytime. They were letting me line up off centre to try to get a bit of grip, but it didn't really help.

Here's a pic of you I took with my phone:

DSC00103.JPG

saw you running yesterday Robbie (and did try to say hi but you were quite engrossed!) - the car looks very impressive on the strip.

Grip was horrible this weekend - we camped up there this weekend so I got 10 runs in Saturday daytime. They were letting me line up off centre to try to get a bit of grip, but it didn't really help.

Here's a pic of you I took with my phone:

Hi. Great pic mate!

Sorry I diddn't get to chat. I saw your car parked up I think. Was it the black one with the 3spoke wheels?

I don't know where you live but i bet you would improve those times a lot if you took a trip to shakespeare county raceway (stratford upon Avon) Much better prepped track and a quicker turnover of cars as well.

It would be nice to go there. Ive only heard goods things about the track , as I live in kent its a little far for one day only.

I have a 245 mile round trip as it is. My poor old car gets thrashed at the strip on top of that so the car and I are usually knackered by the end of the day:)

At the end of the day, the M1! south bound j14 is always stop start all the way Its taken me 3 and a half hours to get home some evenings Thank god I have an auto...for the journey home and the strip!!!