The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Central locking problem

Rory

I've searched and read quite a lot of posts about central locking problems on this forum, but none seem to have had a definitive answer... can anybody help?

My central locking unlocks both doors fine with either the remote, key or the button on the dash.

It doesn't lock both doors with any of these three however, I have to slide the wee orange bit on the passenger door, then lock the drivers door with key when I get out.

Pressing the button on the dash to lock doors results in no noise attempting to work.

So the motors must work ok as they can unlock ... but they aren't even trying to lock. Any ideas folks?

Thanks

Rory.

Well today I took off both door cards, checked connections and all seemed to be fine there.

I took off the panel down at the passenger footwell to get into the central locking control box. There's also a small alarm box which is wired into the central locking box - unplugged the alarm so it didn't interfere and the problems still there - car unlocks but wont lock.

So the only thing I can think of is that central locking unit itself. Does this sound sensible?

Does anybody have a spare one they could sell me ?

I managed to fix it :D

For anyone with the same problem as me try what I did ...

Unplug the central locking control unit, clean up the terminals a little ( they looked pretty good anyway tbh ) and plug back in ... its now working as its supposed to. Hope it stays that way !

I'm so relieved I was imagining a wiring nightmare.

I managed to fix it :D

For anyone with the same problem as me try what I did ...

Unplug the central locking control unit, clean up the terminals a little ( they looked pretty good anyway tbh ) and plug back in ... its now working as its supposed to. Hope it stays that way !

I'm so relieved I was imagining a wiring nightmare.

Just out of curiosity where is the central locking unit?

I always thought it was behind the passenger dash?