The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Upgrading a Supra 1000bhp - Youtube

Glosphil

Fantastically educational video - really enjoyed it.

Amazingly talented guys / good presenters too.

Great parts on the car.

Great Teamwork....

Love the bit about splitting the oil filter open to inspect the "damage" to the engine - very slick.......

So Break in a new engine on El-Cheap Oil for 1500 miles before dropping in Fully Synth...

So how much would it cost to build an engine like that ? roughly ?

Jamiep recently did a similar build so would be a good man respond. I'd guess around 5k for the bottom and top end (min) plus the turbo system, fueling, ecu and mapping on top. Hmmm, £15k easy.

Well Im due to order my single kit and all parts etc, am now thinking maybe I should do an engine build first... Cant do both at the same time though.

Decisions decisions its endless lol

If you're planning for big power (550+) then if you can't afford it in one hit, do the engine build first, then the turbo & ECU later.

Jamiep has the right idea - build an engine capable of supporting 800-900 bhp then use a fast spooling turbo that will never see that max power level. Should make an extremely strong and long lasting engine.

Thanks, I was under the impression stock internals are good for 600 or more bhp easy ?

Depends on who you listen too and what you want to use the car for ;)

Its fair to say that most of the people that run singles (succesfully) as daily drivers recommend to not run more than 550bhp on a stock engine. If yours is just going to be used for drag runs, track days or just the occasional weekend blast then you can run silly power, Greg dyno'd his at 800bhp or so.

Don't be like that :) There's only 2 choices really (unless you have more £ than sense). So which is it?

Is that $13k parts only or inc 'labor'?

Just parts! :blink: I'm not going to divulge my engine spec yet, as i'm yet to send Dusty vast amounts of money. But so far i'm up to $13k on the spec i want. Plus, i have a sportsmans bet with Greg at turbofit, that my spec will beat his twin Gt45's by half a second at jap show october. And i fully intend to win that bet. :D

Just parts! :blink: I'm not going to divulge my engine spec yet, as i'm yet to send Dusty vast amounts of money. But so far i'm up to $13k on the spec i want. Plus, i have a sportsmans bet with Greg at turbofit, that my spec will beat his twin Gt45's by half a second at jap show october. And i fully intend to win that bet. :D

Who you getting to build it all up jezz?