The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Mot

Burna

Just flew through it :D Not bad for a 13 year old car.

Just the one advisory about the front tyres wearing on the inner and outer edges but planned on new ones anyway.

Also had a chat with my friendly MOT guy about next years emission test after I decat her, he's going to be a very friendly MOT guy next year ;)

Life is good :)

Just flew through it :D Not bad for a 13 year old car.

Just the one advisory about the front tyres wearing on the inner and outer edges but planned on new ones anyway.

Also had a chat with my friendly MOT guy about next years emission test after I decat her, he's going to be a very friendly MOT guy next year ;)

Life is good :)

Are you any where near Stoke-on-Trent ?

Pete , really want to go BPU, just a bit concerned about the reliability and blowing the turbos.

However I would feel in safe hands with CW doing the work.

Would you say it is money well spent from a performance point of view?

I'd say it's just about the best pound per performance gain you'll ever get. :)

I too was a little hesitant about it, but with a restrictor ring that Chris makes you'll have no worries. Turbos are pretty durable things contrary to popular belief.

If you do get a little extra smoke that may be an indication that your turbo seals were on the way out anyway, the cat was just masking this. It's not like the decat causes this, just highlights it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

which restrictor ring did you go for 1.0 1.1 or 1.2

I'd say it's just about the best pound per performance gain you'll ever get. :)

I too was a little hesitant about it, but with a restrictor ring that Chris makes you'll have no worries. Turbos are pretty durable things contrary to popular belief.

If you do get a little extra smoke that may be an indication that your turbo seals were on the way out anyway, the cat was just masking this. It's not like the decat causes this, just highlights it. I'm sure it'll be fine.

My emission pass level on the computer had to be below a 0.3 reading and I got a 0.07. The odd thing though is I'm pretty sure last week TrickTT's pass level had to be below 0.2 :blink:

Anyone else had an MOT recently and confirm what there pass level was?

My emission pass level on the computer had to be below a 0.3 reading and I got a 0.07. The odd thing though is I'm pretty sure last week TrickTT's pass level had to be below 0.2 :blink:

Anyone else had an MOT recently and confirm what there pass level was?

My fast idle was 0.20 and my natural idle was 0.30 if I've read the sheet right and mine passed fine

My brothers Hilux just passed his MOT with no front numberplate, worn pads and a completly fubared exhaust. They gave the car a couple of 'advisorys' like 'disintegrated exhaust mid sections' etc! :)

I believe Sparkhill is the place to take your Supra if you're worried about the above, emissions tests etc. However, it's bloody worrying that they're doing this TBH. :(

Greg